How Teens Can Keep Up With Their Teeth Aligner Treatment
Invisalign clear aligners offer patients of all ages a fantastic alternative to traditional metal braces. For teens and young adults, clear aligners are particularly desirable, as they alleviate much of the stress, discomfort, and self-consciousness that is often associated with metal braces. However, patients considering Invisalign Teen should have realistic expectations about what their treatment course will entail, including how often they’ll need to visit the office and how to care for their aligner trays. At Rosenberg Orthodontics in Hartford County, our expert team of providers believes that everyone – including teens – deserves to feel comfortable and confident during orthodontic treatment and is proud to offer a wide range of convenient and discreet services, including Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, Express Your Smile, and others. In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at how younger patients can ensure a successful course of Invisalign treatment.
Can teenagers get Invisalign?
Absolutely. In fact, many teenagers prefer Invisalign vs. traditional metal braces for the following reasons:
- Less noticeable
- Can be removed to eat
- Easier to brush and floss
- Safer during sports
- Does not interfere with playing a musical instrument
- More comfortable
However, it is important for parents and teens to understand the upkeep involved with Invisalign clear aligners. Patients should be committed to wearing their aligners at least 20 – 22 hours per day, brushing and flossing properly, and attending all of their scheduled appointments, which can be as often as every 2 – 4 weeks. With the specialized features included in Invisalign Teen, your teen’s orthodontic treatment can be a breeze.
What’s the difference between Invisalign and Invisalign Teen?
We understand the unique challenges that teens face when it comes to keeping up with Invisalign treatment, which is why we are proud to offer Invisalign Teen. Invisalign Teen is specifically designed to help teens and younger patients enjoy a more comfortable and successful course of treatment. While the fundamental technology behind Invisalign Teen is the same as traditional Invisalign, there are a number of important features that help make Invisalign Teen more appropriate and easier to manage for younger patients. These include:
- Eruption tabs: Because many teens and young adults do not yet have their third molars and/or wisdom teeth, Invisalign Teen clear aligner trays are made with specialized eruption tabs, designed to break away from the aligner and create room for newly emerging teeth.
- Compliance indicators: Invisalign Teen aligners are made with visible compliance indicators on the back of each tray. These indicators are designed to fade away when the aligners are worn the proper amount of time – up to 20 – 22 hours per day. During each appointment, the provider will be able to tell if the patient has been wearing their aligners often enough and can encourage them to wear their aligners more often if needed.
- Replacement trays: We know that teens often have busy schedules and can be forgetful or misplace items. With this in mind, Invisalign Teen treatments include up to six replacement trays, giving patients and parents peace of mind that their treatment course won’t be interrupted should a tray be lost.
How can my teen keep up with their Invisalign treatment?
The dedicated features above, along with support and encouragement at home, can set your teen up for a successful course of Invisalign treatment. Should you have any concerns about whether your teen may be ready for Invisalign, don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our knowledgeable team members to learn more.
Set your teen up for success with Invisalign Teen in Hartford County
If you have concerns about if your teenager can handle the responsibility of Invisalign treatment, we can help. With a caring and supportive team of providers, teen-specific options, and more. Patients in the West Hartford area can rest assured that their Invisalign Teen treatment will be as comfortable, convenient, and successful as possible. To get started, set up your one-on-one consultation for Invisalign Teen at Rosenberg Orthodontics today.