Invisalign® Teen Hartford County, CT
- What is invisalign Teen?
- What Are the Benefits of Invisalign Teen?
- Who should get invisalign teen?
- What is getting invisalign teen like?
- How do you care for invisalign teen aligners?
- Does insurance cover invisalign teen?
- A clear choice in Invisalign Teen
- Our Featured Work
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Related Posts
- Get in Touch
What is invisalign Teen?
Teenagers can be quite particular about their physical appearance so conventional metal braces might not be the ideal orthodontic therapy for them. That is the reason why Rosenberg Orthodontics provides Invisalign treatment for teens in Hartford County, CT. Similar to the adult model, Invisalign Teen aligners can efficiently and safely correct the alignment and position of an individual's teeth in around 1 – 2 years using removable aligners. Unlike the adult version, Invisalign Teen aligners have eruption tabs, compliance indicators, and substitute aligners. If your teenager is worried about metal braces, then schedule an appointment at Rosenberg Orthodontics in Hartford County to get more information on Invisalign Teen.
What Makes Invisalign Teen Different?
What sets Invisalign Teen aligners apart from Invisalign? A number of our patients are concerned about giving their teenager responsibility of costly aligners during their orthodontic therapy. Orthodontics for teens are a big investment in money and time, and our team is understanding of these factors with adolescent patients. There are three specific features to Invisalign Teen clear aligners that ensure your Hartford County, CT adolescent receives a straight smile:
- Compliance indicators: There is a small area on the rear portion of the aligners that fades with usage. This allows your Invisalign dentist to have the ability to know if your teenager is not using the aligners enough or whether they are using them at all. This can keep the younger patients accountable for using their aligners 20 – 22 hours daily and keep them on schedule. Non-compliance problems mean your teenager is going to be in therapy for a prolonged amount of time.
- Eruption tabs: The manufacturers of Invisalign Teen know that not all of our teenage patients may have their third molars or "wisdom teeth." Therefore, they have designed the aligners to have eruption tabs that make space for your third molars. This is so they can develop in the correct location without crowding the other teeth. The standard Invisalign does not have this feature.
- Extra replacement aligners: We expect accidents and missing aligners to happen so we add six substitute aligners in your adolescent's treatment program. Accidents occur and we can sometimes misplace items so call our office in the event you have any issues or require a replacement.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign Teen?
There are several benefits of clear aligners for teens. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Less irritating than traditional metal braces
- Oral hygiene is more easily maintained without the hassle of brackets and wires
- Fewer orthodontic emergencies
- Clear aligners can be easily removed
- No dietary restrictions such as popcorn or corn on the cob
- Just as effective as traditional braces
Who should get invisalign teen?
There are several factors that could make your teen an ideal candidate for Invisalign teeth. Ideal candidates typically have one or more of the following:
- An overbite
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
Invisalign Teen treatments are especially valuable for teenagers who are active in athletics or the arts. Metal braces may be harmful during contact sports or can even make it challenging to play an instrument. We will conduct a comprehensive assessment and talk about all of the orthodontic treatments that might be appropriate for your teen.
Invisalign® Teen Reviews
Dr Rosenberg is one of the best and his staff is amazing. He and his staff have taken care of my family for almost a decade. Their patient-centered care and customer service is unmatched.
Great customer service.
Great and friendly doc and staff and can thank them for my beautiful smile.
The staff was great( very welcoming and professional ). Dr. Rosenberg was very informative. He provided great service and explained very well what was going on . I highly recommend Rosenberg Orthodontics if you’re looking for a dentist’s office in the Newington Area.
Dr Rosenberg did a phenomenal job on my children’s teeth. One of my boys was routine but my other son lost his two front teeth playing football. Not only did Dr Rosenberg straighten out his teeth while missing the front two but also created a Pontic so nobody could tell he was missing teeth. It wasn’t easy but he did his job well and always with a smile. His staff is also very kind and understanding and will always do their best to accommodate you when life’s little mishaps occur. We can’t say enough kind words about Dr Rosenberg, Laura and the rest of his staff. Top notch Orthodontist
What is getting invisalign teen like?
Your teenager will have a consultation with one of our Invisalign dentists to talk about treatment objectives, how they feel about using an orthodontic aligner, and what is to be anticipated through the correction phase (normally 1 – 2 years, but this may differ with each individual patient). To begin the therapy, we will require multiple scans from various angles and take an impression of their teeth. Acrylic aligners will be produced using the impressions and images, which can be customized to fit your teenager's teeth.
Our Featured Work
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the Invisalign clear aligners different for Invisalign Teen?
Yes, the clear aligners for teens will look different. Invisalign Teen clear aligners will have a blue dot that will fade away once your teen has worn their aligners for 20 – 22 hours a day.
Are there any sports or activity restrictions with Invisalign Teen?
At Rosenberg Orthodontics, we understand that teens are constantly on the move! Invisalign Teen aligners are removable, so your teen can continue living an active lifestyle.
How do I clean my Invisalign Teen clear aligners?
We recommend cleaning your clear aligners with warm water and the Invisalign Cleaning Crystals, or a different cleaning tablet, to scrub and rinse your aligners. It is possible for your aligners to become stained, so it is important to always brush your teeth after you eat before putting your aligners back in.
How do you care for invisalign teen aligners?
Patients will need follow-up visits every 2 – 4 weeks. At these appointments, your Invisalign dentist will substitute their aligners, monitor their improvement, and evaluate how well they are using them. Invisalign Teen aligners have compliance indicators, which can inform us if your teenager is using the aligners every day. This will hold your teenager accountable for using their aligners for most of their day (20 – 22 hours). Remember, your teenager will have the ability to floss and brush without the barrier of braces. Invisalign Teen orthodontics will have to be taken out before eating, and it's a good habit to ensure that the mouth is clean before putting the aligners back in position.
Does insurance cover invisalign teen?
Orthodontic treatments, like Invisalign Teen treatments, might be paid in part by insurance. Our staff can get in touch with your insurer to determine your benefits and figure out your out-of-pocket costs. If you are not using insurance, we can discuss payments we take, such as medical financing.
A clear choice in Invisalign Teen
Most teenagers would like a picture-perfect grin; however, they may feel uncomfortable about traditional orthotodinc treatments for teens, such as metal braces. At Rosenberg Orthodontics, we will walk our teen patients through the treatment and talk about how Invisalign treatment for teens could help them achieve a stunning and healthy smile. If you are interested in learning more about Invisalign Teen, contact one of our offices in Hartford County, CT to schedule a consultation.